Sprout Coffee Roasters
Coffee Beans - Rwanda
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
Despite its turbulent history, today Rwanda is one of the specialty coffee world’s darlings –for good reason!
"The farmers who deliver their cherry to Kayumbu station are flush with options of nearby washing station. Kayumbu has very high-quality standards, but in order to be competitive, they must accept nearly all cherry delivered. If they do not, the farmer will choose to go to a different station next time in order to sell more of their crop and avoid the hassle of sorting.Afterpurchasing cherry from producers, workers send the cherry through a strict sorting process. First, washing station staff remove any lower quality cherry through flotation. Then, a specially trained staff visually inspects the remaining cherry for any visual defects.After sorting, cherry is pulped on a Pinhalese pulper outfitted with a demucilager that removes up to 80% of the mucilage before fermentation. Parchment is then fermented for 10 hours and washed in clean water before being laid out to sun dry on raised beds. While drying, the coffee will be regularly sorted to remove imperfections and sifted to ensure even drying. "
Good to know:
- TASTING NOTES - Super complex little guy that has Raisin beginnings. A rounded Red Grape acidity, sharp Grapefruit citrus and delicate Honey and Rose finish.
- REGION - Kamonyi District
- WASHING STATION - Kayumbu
- PRODUCER - 1055 Small Holders
- PROC. METHOD - Fully Washed
- VARIETY - Bourbon, Jackson
- ALTITUDE - 1600-2100 masl